While flicking through my Pinterest, I was trying to observe Deepika Padukone’s makeup carefully. Rarely, she’s spotted with over-done makeup. Deepika follows “the less the better” mantra when it comes to makeup. She avoids huge false lashes, dark smokey eyes, kohl on the lower waterline, deep bronzers, overly done eyebrows. To me, she has the best choice in makeup looks. Even if you notice her looks in all her renowned movies like Cocktail, Ram Leela and Bajirao Mastani, you will spot her face naturally dewy face, with a light bronzer and of course naturally lifted lashes. Also, dark matte lips and coral shades add another layer of oomph to every look.
Deepika Padukone has skipped heavy contouring in this look. Also, she hasn’t used any smokey shadow, not even a transition color. The eyebrows look natural and in shape. The red lipstick matches perfectly with her warm undertone.
Deepika looks fantabulous and self-assured in her neatly done messy uptight hairdo and black outfit. Again, she has used the perfect amount of makeup with black. Definitely, her mantra is to look sexy with a simple winged liner and red lips.
This is what we call perfectly done strobing. All you need is a nice illuminator/highlighter with full a coverage concealer (lighter than your complexion) and a medium coverage foundation. Also, a peach blush and an orange lipstick to complete the look.
OMG! Drop Dead Gorgeous she looks! Would I ever be able to replicate this figure? Yes, when pigs fly :D. No matter, at least I can replicate this makeup look :P, after all, it won’t take hours of hitting the gym. So, all I would need is a nice mascara that would add volume to my lashes, matte brown transition shade, a nice illuminator and a deep berry shade. Layering highlighter on the high points will definitely make me naturally dewy like her 🙂
So let’s see what are the steps to be followed if you want a similar fresh-faced look-
- Apply a moisturiser based on your skin type and apply a primer after 5 mins ( preferably Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation or Laura Mercier Foundation Prime-Oil free)
- Now apply M.A.C Fix plus spray
- For eyes- Prime your eyes with M.A.C Pro Longwear Paint Pot and set it with your favourite pressed powder. Now take a wide eyeshadow blending brush and blend M.A.C Eyeshadow Soba or M.A.C Mulch eyeshadow all over your crease and lid
- Now mix equal amount of M.A.C Strobe cream and Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation and blend it well with your beauty blender
- Now take a lighter shade concealer of NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer or Bobby Brown Instant Full Cover Concealer and blend it well with a concealer brush followed by beauty blender
- Now bake your under eyes with Laurier Mercier Translucent Powder or any Pressed Powder and dust off the extra after 3-4 mins
- Use any matte finish waterproof black eyeliner and create a neat wing
- Now curl your lashes and apply two coats of black volume mascara preferably Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara or Clinique Lash Power Mascara
- Finally, line your lips with a red/orange lip liner and use a dark lipstick in a matte finish. Best options would be- theBalm Met Matte Hughes -Devoted, Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick- Thrill Seeker, Faces Ultimate Pro Matte Lip Crayon -Red fantasy 19, ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip Extra Topping.
- Finally, if you want your makeup to last all day, set it with Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray or Make Up Forever Mix & Fix Setting Spray
If you have any alternative products in mind, please comment 🙂