Makeup brushes need proper cleaning every 10 days in order to prevent bacteria buildup. Unwashed brushes become hard and rough to use and hence make application difficult. Sensitive skin is more prone to acne with unclean brushes. Baby shampoo or any moisturizing shampoo can be used to wash the brushes. Also one should toss makeup brush when the bristles start to fray, shed, or lose their shape. There are various products in the market to make the job of cleaning the brushes easier. One such product is E.L.F. Cosmetics Daily Brush Cleaner. Let’s find out if it actually works.
About the product–
• Size- Large
• Twice the size! Now get even more of the Daily Brush Cleaner for a flawless looking application every time.
• Washes away dirt, makeup, oil and debris from your brush while conditioning the hair to provide a clean and soft application.
• Crafted for daily use
How to use-
• After using your brush, spray several times over the brush bristles.
• Gently wipe the brush onto clean cloth to remove makeup.
• Allow brush to fully air dry before next use.
• Repeat daily or as often as necessary.
Ingredients– Alcohol, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum)
Price- $5 for 120 ml.
Packaging– It arrives in a white opaque bottle with spray pump dispenser and safety cap. It is travel-friendly packaging and could be carried to trips without compromising on spillage or accidental sprays.
My experience with the product-
We need to properly clean and maintain makeup brushes because they can cause real harm to the skin in terms of breakouts and allergies. I repeated the same process thrice but it didn’t help in cleaning it thoroughly. This did work somehow in cleaning my powder and eyeshadow brushes. Usually, my eyeshadow and blush brush needs two sprays while the lip brush demands a little more effort and generous sprays. Also, you need to spritz at least 4-5 times if you intend to clean a foundation brush and then wipe it over a clean tissue or cloth. The brush becomes wet and takes about 20-25 minutes to dry completely for next use. It gives a nice and strong fragrance to the bristles. This cleaner is good for travel purpose when you don’t have time to shampoo your brushes, but at home, I will stick to cleaning with shampoo. This is my first ever brush cleaner hence I am not sure how it works compared to other brush cleansers in the market, but it certainly eased my task of cleaning and disinfecting my makeup brushes. Also, it never caused any discomfort or irritation on my skin.
• Nice packaging
• Light-weight bottle
• Good for urgent use
• Convenient for travel purpose
• Smells good
• Suits sensitive skin
• Doesn’t cause bristles to shed
• Doesn’t work well with foundation brushes
• Quantity wouldn’t last long
MVR RATING – 7/10